The Diabetes Education Program at BBGH has a Certificate of Recognition from the American Diabetes Association. This certificate means the program meets national standards for diabetes self-management education.
The Program is designed for Type I or Type II Diabetes, Gestational, and Pre-diabetes.
Symptoms of Diabetes include:
- Blurry vision
- Frequent urination
- Dry, itchy skin
- Frequent infections or sores that won't heal
- Numbness or tinging in hands or feet
- Increased urination (polyuria)
- Increased hunger or appetite (polyphagia)
- Increased thirst (polydipsia)
- Weight loss
- No Symptoms
The Program’s Certified Diabetic Educator is Kristin Kesterson, RD, LMNT, CDE. Clinical Practice Nurse Educator and Diabetes Educator Shelly Luger, RN, BA, BSN, MS, rounds out the team.
More information on Diabetic Education can be obtained by contacting Ms. Kesterson at 308.761.3416 or Ms. Luger at 308.761.3338.