Filing a complaint
Box Butte General Hospital takes pride in resolving issues in a professional and timely manner using Just Culture. Just Culture focuses on three manageable behaviors - human error, at-risk behavior and reckless behavior. Just Culture strongly encourages the creation of an environment of free and open reporting. This helps to build a culture which encourages coaching and honesty at all levels, in order to bring about the best possible outcomes.
If you are dissatisfied with your care, have a complaint, or a concern, please report it right away to your medical provider or any on-duty hospital employee.
In the event that you are not satisfied with the response you receive, please ask your physician, medical provider or an on-duty hospital employee to contact the office or agency listed below for you. You can contact these agencies directly.
Chief Quality Officer 308-761-3368
Administrator on Call 308-762-6660 & ask to be transferred
Corporate Compliance Anonymous Reporting Hotline
308-762-4357 ex. 3600
State Agencies and External Agencies
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services 402-471-0316
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services - Division of Behavioral Health 402-471-7818
- Region 1 Local Office 308-635-3171
- State Ombudsman 402-471-2036
- KePRO – Nebraska Quality Improvement Organization 855-408-8557
- Medicare Beneficaries 800-633-4227
- The Joint Commission Patient safety concerns can be reported to the Joint Commission HERE. Call 800-994-6610, or fax 630-792-5636. Or mail Office of Quality and Patient Safety, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181.
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) (855) 937-2242
Box Butte General Hospital has been accredited by the Joint Commission since 1978.