Box Butte General Hospital's nurses are trained in advanced life support and trauma nurse core curriculum. The emergency department is staffed 24 hours a day by a health care provider and registered nurse. Health care providers are on call 24/7, as are lab and radiology personnel.
BBGH has one of the highest number of Certified Emergency Nurses (CEN) nurses in Nebraska's Critical Access Hospitals, with ten CENs on staff. Emergency nurses with the CEN designation have achieved and maintained a credential which assures patients and colleagues that they have the knowledge necessary to provide quality emergency care.
The entrance to the Emergency Department for private transport patients is located through the entrance located on the west side of the hospital.
Emergent conditions that require immediate treatment in the emergency department include the following:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Uncontrolled bleeding
Patient health information tips:
- Take the time to establish yourself (and your family, if applicable) as patients of a local health care provider. Your health care needs can be most efficiently met by having a local provider.
- During clinic hours, call your health care provider's clinic for non-emergent health care needs.
- Call or report to the emergency department for all emergent conditions or call 911 if needed.
- Keep a current list of your medications in your purse or wallet and bring them with you.
- Keep an accurate history of your recent and past medical conditions in your purse or wallet.
Trauma and Injury Prevention Tips
Seasonal tips on Trauma & Injury Prevention can be found HERE.
Health Care Providers
Abby Vogel, MSN, FNP-BC
Kristin Ferguson, MSN, AGACNP-BC, FNP-BC